Thursday, January 31, 2008

My pride got in the way

This Wednesday I thought it would be OK to ride home in the frigid sub zero cold. Scott Thayer and I were going to tough out the ride home together, using one another as a human shield from the freezing wind.
The temp leaving work that night were roughly 6 below with winds around 20mph .
The ride didn't seem too bad. In fact, both Scott and I commented on how toasty our feet were with new toe warmers in our boots. Honestly I wasn't that cold except for one little bit of exposed skin. Then we turned north and the crisp wind slapped us right in the face.
I bet you can all guess where this story is going.Yeah, frostbite.

See the nice patch of white skin under my goggles? That is what a minor case of frostbite looks like. I should have known better than leave skin exposed to the elements for over an hour when it is as cold as it was, but my pride got in the way. I just wanted to make it home. Bummer for me, because now I am going to have to deal with this for the rest of the winter.


Now playing: Patsy Cline - Today, Tomorrow And Forever
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

JMo said...

You're money maker is ruined. Now what shall you do for money?
I would like to suggest you sell your body on the streets. There is always money to be made in street sex.