Monday, October 29, 2007

A Halloween Horror Story

In the spirit of All Hallows Eve I have a gruesome tale to tell. For everyones sake, I will keep this wretched story short and sweet. The image below may be considered funny to some of you, maybe a bit offensive to others. But I can assure you, it will be frightening to anyone who has moved to a new desk or office space at work. So Happy Halloween, Enjoy.

Over the past year or so our company has gone through a lot of changes. We have recently expanded our distribution center and customer service areas and are now in the process of renovating old office spaces so everyone in the company may have nice new office digs to work at.

For the past nine months I have been working at a different desk that was previously occupied by a fellow coworker. Until this past week I was completely oblivious to what was lurking under my desk. A couple of weeks ago I moved out of my existing cube, which I had became quite comfortable in, so workers could remodel our office area.

To my surprise when the my desk was flipped over there was some glossy material lathered all over the bottom of my desk, mere inches from where my bare legs used to sit. The material looked all most like a lacquer of sorts, but with some sort of texture that was unrecognizable. After a closer inspection the unknown substance was identified. What was this mysterious substance you ask? Boogers, F-ing Boogers!

Thats right. The person who had inhabited my work space before me turned the bottom of the desk into his own personal booger refuge. A safe home to store years and years worth of crusty mucus.



This is no joke. So beware, if you work at a desk, you may want to take a peek underneath and see what may be hanging out above your precious new dress, you fancy denim jeans or your bare knees. On other the other hand, Maybe you don't!



Now playing: Willie Nelson - Mendocino County Line
via FoxyTunes

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nasty, after the initial description I thought it was going to be a lot worse than boogers.

Ben said...

Do you know who it was?
Ben

Ben said...

schroden says, YUCK!!!!