Sunday, August 9, 2009

Punk is where my heart is

"Kiss Me I'm Shitfaced" was the closing song Dropkick Murphys played at their free concert in St. Paul Friday night . Joe, James and I rolled into Harriet Island to brave the potential thunder storms, mobs of adolescent punk rockers and drunken Irish fair attendees.

We were a ways back from the stage which was cool with me, but at times I wanted to go into the crowd and mix it up in "the pit". It's probably a good idea I didn't though, it's been a long time since I have held my own in the crowd and I don't know how my body would have handled it the next morning. This was the first time I have seen Dropkick and the first punk show I have been to in over a couple years. I have to say I really enjoyed myself. Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed the last folk-rock shows I went to, but punk is where my heart is.


After the show we cruised to the Happy Gnome for a drink. While finishing our first round the skies opened up and the rain came down hard. The three of us are are all experience and weathered bikers, but the rain looked too heavy to go out in, so we decided to order up another round and wait out the storm.

When our second round was empty we decided to ignore the rain and head home. It only took 2 blocks for me to get completely soaked by the rain; luckily it was warm out and our ride was short.

No comments: