Sunday, July 27, 2008

Powder Monkey

I raced at Spirit Mountain in Duluth last Sunday.
The course was phenomenal; 12 miles of rough, rooted, and rocky single track the whole time.
It was a very challenging course that kept me on my on the edge to whole time.
The 24 mile course took me 2 hours and 49 minutes to complete on the Mariachi SS.
I finished 21st overall in the expert class, 9th in the Men's 19-29 and 18minutes and 39 seconds behind the leader. I am very pleased with my results.

I decided to start riding my SS more to get ready for the Dakota Five-o at the end of Aug. This race was a good test of my fitness and overall strength on the Single Speed.
Right now, I am feeling pretty good about the Five-0.

I also found out today I got a preferred start at Chequamegon again this year. I didn't plan on "racing" the event but I'll see how I feel closer to the race. I signed up for the SS class so that will take the stress off of the start.

No comments: